Interested? Call us today (480) 586-3789
The Do’s and Don’ts of Caring for Eyelash Extensions
Wait, what? We don’t do eyelash extensions at Injexts, tho. I know! However, we also sell zero products that interfere with them, and as a person currently wearing both Botox and 6D Volume lashes, I assume there are a lot of people in that overlap place. You know, people who like to look their best.
Eyelash extensions, when done and cared for correctly, can make a huge difference in your look and daily routine. Gone are the mascaras, the time dealing with mascaras, waking up not looking AMAZING.
For many, they can remove the need to wear makeup at all. After wearing them for the past 18 months, I’ve learnt a few things.
1. Wear or use anything with oil on your face. Benefit Cosmetics has a great oil free powder foundation, and Nars has an excellent oil free concealer. Belif makes wonderful oil free moisturizer. Oil removes the adhesive that keeps the lashes on your face.
2. Go to a flotation tank. Even without getting your face wet, the salt in the air will attach and crystallize to the adhesive, breaking them right off. Meditation never does that.
3. Get them wet at all until 48 hours has passed. Owning a healthy sense of self-esteem is helpful with this part. Also sponge baths. Don’t recommend the bathtub either – steam heat.
1. Get an eyelash pillow. Make sure to google eyelash extension pillow or else you will see a lot of cute throw pillows winking at you, which is not going to help your lashes stay in place through the night.
2. Brush them when you get out of the shower. Eye crust that attach to the adhesive are not your friends. Or your lash stylists, tbh. The lashes that fall out when you brush are the ones that are meant to fall out. When lashes are dry, eye crust
3. Get a little bo bo around your eyes. It will make them look even better.
Until next time! Your August guest blogger!